Question

Another person having the ArcPro compatibility isssue.

• 4 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I have the following installed:

ArcPro 2.7.4

ArcGISDesktop 10.8.1

Background Geoprocessing 10.8.1

FME 2021.2.1.0 (20211203 - Build 21797 - WIN64)

I also have a workbench that used to work. It simply took a couple of old-school Esri SDE features plus two new-school features that have attribute rules applied on them, and therefore need ArcPro Translation turned on, which it is, and exported them to a file geodatabase. What used to work now gives me the dreaded "Unable to perform any licensing related tasks. Please check your Esri ArcGIS Compatibility setting. This 64-bit version of FME requires ArcGIS Desktop along with 64-bit Background Geoprocessing; ArcGIS Pro; or ArcGIS Enterprise" error. What else do I need to look for?

http://fme.ly/qua

5 replies

Unfortunately I'm still getting the same error.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Have you recently opened ArcGIS Pro? Every now and then you need to log in again.

Have you recently opened ArcGIS Pro? Every now and then you need to log in again.

I thought of that, but I'm in it all the time. I'm starting to wonder if our IT dept is to blame, they've been doing a lot of security shenanigans to try and lock things down tighter. I have an AWS workspace that's outside of their realm, I'm going to try it there and see if I get the same results. BRB...

So hey, guess what. It works on my AWS workspace, which is in our cloud, not our organization network. What do I tell our IT staff about what they need to let me do? What is FME doing when it's looking for an ArcPro license? We use a license server rather than AGOL for our ArcPro licenses, but the end result is that it's going on the interwebs I assume to see if the license is valid?

As I think about this some more... FME is getting a license from the exact same License Manager, as is any workbench that deals strictly with "ArcMap" features, which still works. What is different about ArcPro licensing on a License Manager than everything else?