Question

Convert and Combine two dgn files with Tags in to one shp file

• 4 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello friends,

I’m new to FME.

I have two dgn files for roads. One file for the central line of roads with all tag details. The other one is a new file, filled roads (create as region in microstation) based on the center line file. I would like to combine these two files and the output should be only one shp file. Not required the center line on the final shp. All tags should be as attributes in shp. Only the tags to copy from centerlinefile to new file which is falling on the top of the filled shapes. (like spatial join in GIS)

Using Products : Microstaion SS4, FME Trial

Thank you

Chithra

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi @chithramc​, I would suggest checking out this tutorial series on dealing with MicroStation data in FME. When more than one tagset is required, tags can be defined using format attributes. You should then be able to output them as attributes in your shp.

Hi @chithramc​, I would suggest checking out this tutorial series on dealing with MicroStation data in FME. When more than one tagset is required, tags can be defined using format attributes. You should then be able to output them as attributes in your shp.

I tried with the above, unfortunately there was no particular benefit with this answer.