Question

Making external server queries (Speckle GraphQL) from the PythonCaller (or other script running environments)

• 1 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have implemented a Python script to interface with Speckle to access the server, retrieve data streams and ultimately retrieve the JSON geometry object for parsing in FME.

This runs and retrieves data in my base Python install, the FME REPL command-line Python build but will not get over the first hurdle of interfacing with the Speckle Server.

Are there transport restrictions to python code? I can't find documentation around this. Before I try writing a bunch of scaffolding code just to trace back the problem it seems best to see if there is a fundamental restriction I won't overcome.

Some suggestion on the Speckle forum is that it may be related to SSL certificates...?

1 reply

Badge

The conflict discovered was that the version of Urllib3 is incompatible with GQL which requires at least 1.26 for urllib3.

For now, I have upgraded the urllib3 and requests within the `/Library/FME/2021.2/python` folder (mac version)

Interestingly the version of urllib3 installed within the `~/Library/Application\\ Support/FME/Plugins/Python` directory was already the latest version.

Replacing these libraries feels a little brittle!!! 😳 😬 So my new question would be, is it possible to import from that location as opposed to the "factory install" directory?