Question

How to dissolve by area and id?

• 24 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hi all,

I have a polygon file that have field area, plot_uuid. I want to dissolve small polygon area <0.03 into the same plot_uuid.

Could you tell me how to make it?

In the below photo, 2 small polygon (yellow and green) will merge into large polygon that I want in the right photo.

Thank you

img

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

The Dissolver has a Group By option where you can select one or more attributes to perform that action on. So if you select the plot_uuid attribute all polygons that share a boundary and have the same value for that attribute will be dissolved.

Badge +5

The Dissolver has a Group By option where you can select one or more attributes to perform that action on. So if you select the plot_uuid attribute all polygons that share a boundary and have the same value for that attribute will be dissolved.

I want to keep area >0.03 ha and I want to dissolve area <0.03 into plot_uuid the same.

If I dissolve by groupe by plot_uuid, they will merge together plot_uuid the same.

So I want to ask how to the way to keep area >0.03 and dissolve area <0.03 with plot_uuid large polygon?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I want to keep area >0.03 ha and I want to dissolve area <0.03 into plot_uuid the same.

If I dissolve by groupe by plot_uuid, they will merge together plot_uuid the same.

So I want to ask how to the way to keep area >0.03 and dissolve area <0.03 with plot_uuid large polygon?

Use a TestFilter to filter out the small areas, then a SpatialFilter to select the larger ones that have the same plot_uuid *and* touch the small ones and then run those through the Dissolver.

Badge +5

Yes. I tried it the same photo. Is this okie @Hans van der Maarel​ ?

result