Question

Trying to back up the repositories etc before and upgade and getting this error: F:\\FME Server System Share\\repositories\\Dashboards\\AverageRunningTime\\AverageRunningTime.fmw (The system cannot find the path specified)

• 21 December 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +6
Trying to back up the repositories etc before and upgade and getting this error: F:\\FME Server System Share\\repositories\\Dashboards\\AverageRunningTime\\AverageRunningTime.fmw (The system cannot find the path specified)

8 replies

Badge +2

Hi @jhawks​ ,

Usually, when FME Server cannot find a file path this indicates a permissions issue. Can you start by confirming that this file does exist and that the account running FME Servers Services has full access to it?

Badge +6

There's no repositories/workbenchs called \\Dashboards\\AverageRunningTime\\AverageRunningTime.fmw under F:\\FME Server System Shareepositories

Should there be? Though I do seem them old my old server so they're clearly a thing, didn't get them on the new server , help!

Badge +2

Hi @jhawks​ ,

Yes this folder should be installed as part of the initial installation, along with Samples, Tools and Utilities - do you see these folders?

What version of FME Server do you have?

Badge +6

FME Server 2021.2.0.1 Build 21789 - win64. I got Utilities but not Sample, Tools or Dashboards

Badge +2

FME Server 2021.2.0.1 Build 21789 - win64. I got Utilities but not Sample, Tools or Dashboards

Hi @jhawks​ ,

We can try to install these repositories by running a batch file:

1. Go to <Installation Directory>\\Clients\\utilities
  2. Right-click on the configureDemoWorkspaces.bat and select 'Run as Administrator'

Once this is run, can you check for these Repositories again?

Badge +6

Hi @jhawks​ ,

We can try to install these repositories by running a batch file:

1. Go to <Installation Directory>\\Clients\\utilities
  2. Right-click on the configureDemoWorkspaces.bat and select 'Run as Administrator'

Once this is run, can you check for these Repositories again?

Ran it (as admin), no go. Still not there.

Badge +6

We currently have two FME Servers one production (Windows 2012 FME Server 2019.x) and this new one that's not done yet (Windows 2019 and FME Server 2021.2.0). Could I copy over the Sample, Tools, and Dashboards from the old server to the new and expect them to work? (or is this a terrible idea?)

*Off for the rest of the year at the end of today so if we don't solve it today this will go on hold until january 3rd.

Badge +2

We currently have two FME Servers one production (Windows 2012 FME Server 2019.x) and this new one that's not done yet (Windows 2019 and FME Server 2021.2.0). Could I copy over the Sample, Tools, and Dashboards from the old server to the new and expect them to work? (or is this a terrible idea?)

*Off for the rest of the year at the end of today so if we don't solve it today this will go on hold until january 3rd.

Hi @jhawks​ ,

Hmm, I don't think there would be any harm in trying that, since all you need to do is get the backup working so that you can proceed with your upgrade. However, rather than just copying the files over, you should make a project in your FME Server 2019 containing the Repositories for them to be correctly imported into the newer version.

It's definitely a concern that they are missing, and running the bat file does not add them. So if migrating them over from your other FME Server doesn't resolve the problem I'd recommend you start a case with Support so that we can take a deeper dive into the problem with you. If you start a case, it would be helpful to see the installation log file.

Happy Holidays!