Question

How to setup a workbench which updates an AGOL service when the column headers in input data change? The column names are dates.

• 21 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

As input I have a csv file. The column names are dates. I use python to download it from an ftp and then merge with a spatial dataset to create polygons. 

I usually update an AGOL service but I don't know how to update an AGOL service if my column names (attributes) are changing daily. This would require to delete and republish, but FME cannot publish a service, can just do an update. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 reply

Badge +2

@lidiad​ You should be able to create a new feature service in FME - although it's a little awkward. Once you've added your AGOL writer to the FME workbench, go back to the FME Workbench Navigator and open the AGOL writer parameters. Right click on the Feature Service parameter and select Create User Parameter. You can now select the new feature service name when you run the workspace.

dialogI don't think FME can delete a feature service, or remove a layer in an existing feature service. So you might have to use the HTTPCaller to call the AGOL REST API to cleanup if you want to overwrite the existing Feature Service / Layer with the new data