Solved

Feature Inspector does not show cached features

• 15 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello, according to the docs, "to view recorded features, click an inspection icon on an output port". I would say that's what I'm doing, yet no features are shown in the Inspector. According to the number on the junction, there should be 4:

feature-inspector-emptyWhat am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 15 December 2021, 09:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

The Feature Inspector panel only works when you're running the workspace with breakpoints. The docs are referring to the Feature Information panel that's in the Visual Preview. I agree that this can be confusing.

Userlevel 4

To add to the reply from @Hans van der Maarel​ , you may have to (re-)enable the Visual Preview pane if it's deactivated. Look under the menu View / Windows / Visual Preview and make sure the item is checked. It can also happen that the window unintentionally gets docked somewhere unexpected, so look around in the different tabs if you cannot find it.

Badge +8

@kcech​ Did you ever get a complete answer on this question? I seldom use the Feature Inspector, but noticed today that there is no graphical display of each feature showing in the upper part of the Feature Inspector window. The attributes are showing for each feature in the lower part of the window, however. This for each feature at each breakpoint.

imageCurious if this is a bug, or I'm missing something.