Solved

How can I configure FME server to check out a license from the ArcGIS Pro pool instead of the ArcGIS Desktop pool?

• 14 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

On our machine running FME Server, we have both ArcGIS desktop 10.6.1 and ArcGIS Pro 2.7 installed.

When we run workspaces that require an ESRI license, FME Server can get a license, but pulls a license from the ArcGIS desktop 10.6.1 license pool (As shown below). The same thing happens when the same workspace is run in FME Desktop.

2021-12-14 01:10:07 | The ArcObjects license 'Advanced' is being selected from the Windows registry

2021-12-14 01:10:18 | FME has checked out an Esri license. The product checked out is 'Advanced'

2021-12-14 01:10:18 | Installed ArcGIS version is '10.6.1'

How can I configure FME server to check out a license from the ArcGIS Pro pool? Preferably the advanced concurrent use license.

We followed the step by step instructions for using ArcGIS Pro with FME server in this article without succes: Using ArcGIS Pro with FME Server (safe.com)

icon

Best answer by rahulsharma 14 December 2021, 18:42

View original

2 replies

Badge +8

hi @markvv​ 

The easiest way to do this would be to set the PythonCompatability in the workspace to be "Esri ArcGIS Pro 3.6+" instead of the default FME Python.

https://www.screencast.com/t/C1rIVpZUs8SB

NOTE: This will need to be done to all the workspaces which can be a bit difficult.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

hi @markvv​ 

The easiest way to do this would be to set the PythonCompatability in the workspace to be "Esri ArcGIS Pro 3.6+" instead of the default FME Python. 

https://www.screencast.com/t/C1rIVpZUs8SB

NOTE: This will need to be done to all the workspaces which can be a bit difficult. 

Internally, we have a setup script that gets rolled out as part of our Python Install. This sets a range of registry keys, one of which is changing the default python version to ArcGIS Desktop. This doesn't effect exisitng workbenches, but will set all new workbenches to use the specified python version.

I don't know off the top of my head what the correct string is for ArcGIS Pro....

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Safe Software Inc.\Feature Manipulation Engine\Python]
"PythonPreferredVersion"="ArcGISDesktop"