Question

Regrouping Microstation cells

• 13 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a workbench that reads multiple Microstation files, and for some of the files, I need to remove some of the cell's so they are not written, and I have done this. I then have to write all the files to one Microstation file.  My issue is the remaining cells are not coming through into the Micostation output file.

Each file being read has a different cell library and I have not had any luck combining them to 1, for the writer to read. so in the documentation I read that

"the cell members are assigned a unique cell sequence number in the igds_cell_sequence_number. This number can be used to later regroup the cell components if that is required."

But I can not find anything in documentation on how to regroup them. I would like to try this to see if it helps me once I expand the cells.

Has anyone done this before, and can offer some help? As this is my first time working with FME and Microstation files.

Thanks in advance!

Iris.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You can try an Aggregator, grouped by the cell sequence number, and a CenterPointReplacer to create points. Assign the correct igds_cell_name and then the writer should pick them up as cells.

Alternatively, the cell members may have retained the cell insertion coordinates. If that's the case, you need 1 member per original cell (Sampler, group by the sequence number and pass through the 1st item) and use a VertexCreator to recreate that point.

Badge

You can try an Aggregator, grouped by the cell sequence number, and a CenterPointReplacer to create points. Assign the correct igds_cell_name and then the writer should pick them up as cells.

Alternatively, the cell members may have retained the cell insertion coordinates. If that's the case, you need 1 member per original cell (Sampler, group by the sequence number and pass through the 1st item) and use a VertexCreator to recreate that point.

Thanks very much! I will give that a try and see how it goes.

Have a great day!

Iris