Solved

Need Correct Settings for PDF Reader(2D) and Writer - Are there Limitations?

• 9 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I am trying to write a fanout of a large pdf using bookmark data that was merged from a csv file. The fanout works, but the output files give me either blank pages or very blurry/unreadable images. The source file contains many jpegs and was created using BlueBeam. I am able to see raster images using RasterConsumer (filtering to single pages), but the end result is unusable.

Here is my workspace with annotations:

pdf1Surely this is possible?

Thanks,

@lorenrouth​ 

Update:

After looking at the data from the GeoSpatial PDF Reader, the issue appears to be the file has multiple formats on the same page. How do I deal with a pdf that has text, image, raster, spatial and vector data all on one page?!?!?

If I send spatial data only to the writer, it leaves out an important raster image. If I include the raster, it is output with an unreadable black background and blurry text. If I print the pdf as an image, it looks fine, but there is no text or metadata associated with it, making it impossible to sort or merge the text data. Is there a pdf format that works best with FME? This should not be this hard.

I only want to break up a PDF into smaller files based on a bookmark index (which FME cannot read directly) from a csv file. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by lorenrouth 12 December 2021, 01:25

View original