Question

How to clip features consecutive?

• 8 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I have several polygons in my workspace and I want to consecutively clip a subset against each other (see attachment). Of course I can do that all manually but if the input changes, then the workspace has to be adapted each time. I thought of using the aggregator to have the features on "first level" with a list of all features of the second level. Next step could be a custom transformer with a loop. Do you have any other suggestions? I am also not to deep into custom transformers and looping, so any advice is welcomed ;-)

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

It's difficult for me to envision your desired end result with your polygons, but I'm wondering if something like what @geomancer​ suggested with the AreaOnAreaOverlayer here would do the trick: https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q00008ZS2XuSAL/quiz-difficulty-hard-make-a-recursive-clipper

Thanks for the hint - I will check the proposed link and will give feedback

Unfortunately I could not come up with a feasible solution for my problem. Also tried custom transformer but that also did not give the desired result.

Maybe I am getting things wrong, but in the example above all areas (Polygons) are known beforehand, in my case instead - I want to clip B with A to get B', then clip C with B' to get C', and so on.