Solved

Feature attribute disappeared

• 7 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I'm still fairly new to this tooling ecosystem. I have "inherited" a workbench and have made some changes to it.

At some point, one AttributeManager started to appear in the "Incomplete Transformers" section of the Navigator. It's missing the attribute called "subcontractista": attributemanager_errorWhat I don't understand is, this attribute is being consumed in the preceding custom transformer as well as in the other branch that leads from it. I mean, in the following image, the green transformer is parametrized by this attribute and in the Tester that is hooked to the output, this attribute is visible under the FME Feature Attributes tab.

missing_attribute_flowThere is no other AtrributeRemover or AttributeManager that might affect the presence of the attribute "subcontractista". In fact, I'm quite positive that I haven't changed that part.

icon

Best answer by kcech 8 December 2021, 16:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

As the AttributeManager is connected to the <Rejected> outputport, this specific attribute is probably not output from that port?

As the AttributeManager is connected to the <Rejected> outputport, this specific attribute is probably not output from that port?

Thanks Niels,

The attribute is created long before this part of workspace and it is not treated in any way in the transformer.

I actually have kind of sorted it out - by restarting the Workbench, this concrete problem simply disappeared and did not appear again.

I suspect it is a bug in the workbench - it may be related to a schema change I've made to the input geopackage. I've added new attributes and layers (changes that I am certain are unrelated to this part of flow and to the disappeared attribute).

It happened to me again today, again with another schema change, but this time other random attribute disappeared in other part of the flow. I solved it again by restarting the workbench. I have v2020.0.3 and cannot upgrade.

Thanks for your time!