Solved

Update dem with construction data from point cloud

• 7 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I'm looking for the best way to combine raster-DEM data with construction point cloud data (exists only at some places, not covering the whole DEM ) to output a new modified raster DEM. The point cloud data contains vertexes from the construction (which means it also has ground points - but I'm only interested in the surface, where it overlays the DEM). The point cloud has no info saying what type of point it contains. Can this be modeled in a way that only uses the surfaces from the two datasets or do I need more steps than one in this analysis? Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by kailinatsafe 14 December 2021, 22:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @peteralstorp​ , the VectorOnRasterOverlayer should be able to help in this case. Send the point cloud dataset to the "Vector" port, then you can select your input component within the Overlayer parameters.

However, before doing so, you may want to filter the point cloud by return/component to get the values you are looking for (ground/nonground/etc). There are some good examples of this in the PointCloudFilter documentation. Best, Kailin.

Badge

Hello @peteralstorp​ , the VectorOnRasterOverlayer should be able to help in this case. Send the point cloud dataset to the "Vector" port, then you can select your input component within the Overlayer parameters.

However, before doing so, you may want to filter the point cloud by return/component to get the values you are looking for (ground/nonground/etc). There are some good examples of this in the PointCloudFilter documentation. Best, Kailin.

Thanks, Kailin! This sounds like solution. I like! Will try it out now.