Question

How to use Emailer transformer when the workbench fails send to me email and when successes send me email also

• 6 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +13

i would like to get email from workbench when quick translator finish processing even if it fails or successes .

i have tested and added the parameters in Emailer transformer and it send emails successfully .

but i am not sure how to check the workbench if it successes or not before adding Emailer transformer .

i have two output from my Workbench first output is excel file and the second is pdf file .

Thanks in advance .

FME 2018

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

If the run fails, as in error, the Emailer will not be triggered, so no email. The only way I see this getting to work, using desktop, is with a WorkspaceRunner. Parent triggering the child, Emailer connected to the WorkspaceRunner.

Badge +13

If the run fails, as in error, the Emailer will not be triggered, so no email. The only way I see this getting to work, using desktop, is with a WorkspaceRunner. Parent triggering the child, Emailer connected to the WorkspaceRunner.

in case ,i will ignore the run fails .

so when the run successes .because i have two output pdf and excel file .should i use feature holder then emailer transformer ,or which transformer should i use before emailer to trigger the emailer transformer .thanks for help

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

so when the run successes .because i have two output pdf and excel file .should i use feature holder then emailer transformer ,or which transformer should i use before emailer to trigger the emailer transformer .thanks for help

A FeatureWriter to write the file to a (temporary location) and then the Emailer connected to the Summary port of the FeatureWriter to send the email with the file as attachment (the filename and path are output as attributes on the summary feature)

Badge +13

thanks , it is working but i have still question .could i attach the output excel file with this email,so the receiver get email with attachment the file .

i found it is write only the path name but if i want to attach the file in the email ,how could i do that ?

Badge +4

Where are you putting the path name? To attach a file, you just need to add it under the attachment section in the Emailer transformer. And you can add multiple attachments, so you could attach both the excel file and pdf.attach

Badge +13

thanks alot .