Question

Polygon

• 3 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +10

Hi. I would like to ask for advice. I have two types of space. One type of space is a closed polygon inside the state and that is fine. The other space is the polygon, but one side of the polygon boundary is formed by the state boundary. The database does not contain the points (coordinates) that form the state border and an incomplete polygon is created for me - the database contains only the points (coordinates) of the polygon. I have the coordinates of the whole state that makes up my polygon. What with this? I can have two paths. Either mark the starting point of the polygon and the last point of the polygon where the state boundary begins and include these coordinates in some way, or it would be enough for me to insert between these two points the text that the polygon between these two points is defined by the state boundary. The output file is JSON.

6 replies

Badge +10

I forgot. I have two types of sources. One is the coordinates (points) of polygons and the other source is the coordinates (points) only state boundaries.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

The two transformers that can do the bulk of this is the Intersector and AreaBuilder. Have a look at the attached workbench

Badge +10

Many thanks for proposing a solution, I will try to solve it this way. But one more thing occurred to me that might be easier. I have JSON, where I have coordinates and in places (between the two points see the picture), when the polygon border specified by the state border, simply insert the text "state border". Is it possible to solve it with a any transformer? The output file would look like this JSON

Thanks a lot

Badge +10

polygons

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Many thanks for proposing a solution, I will try to solve it this way. But one more thing occurred to me that might be easier. I have JSON, where I have coordinates and in places (between the two points see the picture), when the polygon border specified by the state border, simply insert the text "state border". Is it possible to solve it with a any transformer? The output file would look like this JSON

Thanks a lot

if you put your mind to it, yes you could solve that. But i'd suggest that it would be too much effort and could get considerably confusing and complicated. It would also likely be pretty inefficient and slow

Badge +10

if you put your mind to it, yes you could solve that. But i'd suggest that it would be too much effort and could get considerably confusing and complicated. It would also likely be pretty inefficient and slow

Thank you very much for the advice, your solution helped me a lot