Solved

Error with filepath in automation

• 3 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hello everyone! 

I have a really serious problem, which could ruin my show to an important client early next week, and I would really love to help. 

I have an automation that is operated by watch directoery. I use a file that comes to the folder in the next operation in automation, by filepath.

The problem is that the next workbench, reads the filepath badly. (All files are on the server). 

Here is an example of the log files:

The 1609, is from automation which I used {file.path}.

as you can see,

The system stops as soon as it does not recognize the dwg file.

And in work 1610, I put the same file, but set it up manually.

Then it worked well

I looked closely, and I think I know what the problem was,

When it reads the file in 1609, it reads it like this:

file_dwg: $(TiuomMaarhot) Petah_Tikva \\ kb-2021-5 \\ Received Files \\ tb400031528.dwg

But in 1610 he reads it like this:

file_dwg: $(TiuomMaarhot) / Petah_Tikva / kb-2021-5 / Received Files / tb400031528.dwg

The difference is in the direction of /.

The question is how to overcome it?

icon

Best answer by dor1411993 5 December 2021, 19:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Can you doublecheck the log of the automation? A Directory Modified trigger should report the file path in the format FME Server can use as one of its output keys.

Check out the first few units of the FME Academy module Build Versatile Automations, they cover exactly this scenario.

Badge +5

Can you doublecheck the log of the automation? A Directory Modified trigger should report the file path in the format FME Server can use as one of its output keys.

Check out the first few units of the FME Academy module Build Versatile Automations, they cover exactly this scenario.

Thanks @Hans van der Maarel​ for answer me!

But with the help of @keziaatsafe​ ,

I was able to solve the problem,

In the setting of Network based resources: "A directory of a network file based resource was missing"

was missing a slash.

Thanks!