Solved

Dynamic SQLExecutor

• 2 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I want to create a dynamic workspace. I have an excel file and I want to execute everything from there. I want to send database information for sqlexecutor via excel. but I couldn't find how to add format and dataset information. Is such a thing possible?

image.png image.png

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 2 December 2021, 21:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You'll need to either create a database connection or embed the connection parameters for the database(s) you want to connect to.

The database format is the one thing you can't get out of an attribute, but once you have selected that you can use attribute values for the other details. Embedding connection parameters is handled via the Parameters button that becomes available when a database format is selected.

Badge +1

You'll need to either create a database connection or embed the connection parameters for the database(s) you want to connect to.

The database format is the one thing you can't get out of an attribute, but once you have selected that you can use attribute values for the other details. Embedding connection parameters is handled via the Parameters button that becomes available when a database format is selected.

Thank you,

Is it possible to dynamically print attribute information from sql? Can I fill the "Attiributes to Expose" part dynamically without sending it from excel?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Thank you,

Is it possible to dynamically print attribute information from sql? Can I fill the "Attiributes to Expose" part dynamically without sending it from excel?

You can populate that field based on the SQL query (by going in to the [...]), but I don't think you can make that happen automatically.

However, that's just for exposing attributes so they're visible to transformers, if you don't do that the attributes will still be there in FME. It's just that transformers don't know about them. If all you want to do is write out the data straight away that should be enough.