Question

FME 2020: How to get all the layers automatically selected when the dwg file is selected as a source file in the reader?

• 30 November 2021
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +5

FME 2020: How to get all the layers automatically selected when the dwg file is selected as a source file in the reader?

I found out that each time a dwg file is selected (as per the screenshot below), the “select all” option is not checked by default.

How this option can automatically be checked as any dwg is selected as a source?

Clip_1258Clip_1259 

Clip_1260 

Clip_1261 

Clip_1262 

7 replies

Badge +5

cont. (last screenshot)

Clip_1263

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

I don't have any DWGs handy to test with. but have a look at using the FeatureReader instead of the reader. You can set it up to read all Feature Types - make sure you then set it to Single Output Port. All features will then come out the generic port. There will be no exposed attributes, so you'll need to manual set those

Badge +5

Thank you for the help. I tried it but appeared not to work with me.

I’ve attached two dwg sample files with different layers

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Thank you for the help. I tried it but appeared not to work with me.

I’ve attached two dwg sample files with different layers

I've attached a workbench, seems to be working fine.

Note that this is starting to encroach on dynamic workflow principals, which are a more advanced way of working with attributes and schemas in fme

https://community.safe.com/s/article/dynamic-workflow-tutorial-introduction

Q2 reads in 1181 features across 75 feature types, R2 reads in 64 features across 4 feature types

Badge +5

Thank you for the prompt help. I got two issues:

-       I couldn’t figure out how to choose another dwg file. The “run entire workspace” just runs the model without giving first the chance to choose the dwg file

-       How to add attributes to the output?

Clip_1271 

Clip_1272 

Clip_1273 

Clip_1274 

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Thank you for the prompt help. I got two issues:

-       I couldn’t figure out how to choose another dwg file. The “run entire workspace” just runs the model without giving first the chance to choose the dwg file

-       How to add attributes to the output?

Clip_1271 

Clip_1272 

Clip_1273 

Clip_1274 

You'll need to set the feature reader to use a Public Parameter to store the DWG, then each time you run it, it will prompt you.

All the attributes are being read in, however they're not exposed. You'll need to expose the ones you want to deal with

Badge +5

I got two dwg files (attached), the first one is D1 that has three layers (0, P1, P2), the second one is D2 which has 4 layers (0, M1, M2, M3).

In the screenshots below, as the second dwg file is selected, the layers are not selected automatically

Which settings are needed in order to get the layers selected automatically as new dwg file is chosen?

Clip_1441 

Clip_1442 

Clip_1443 

Clip_1444 

Clip_1445