Solved

How do I filter by intersect and name? Name=Name and intersect. I have multiable polygons with the same name.

• 30 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have a layer with 75 parks. I need to buffer all of them with 300 meters. But after this I need to clip the buffers with roads and railways(barriers).

When I done this I only want to keep the polygon that are on the right side of the road. Sometimes these areas intersect an other park. So if I go for spatialfilter areas are kept even though they should not be.

On the pictures below I only want to keep the selected polygon(yellow) because that polygon are intersected of the orgianal park. I've tried group by i spatialfilter but get no success. Is it possiable to solve this?

Have attached my workbench with orginal data.

best regards

Jesper

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 30 November 2021, 19:11

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

@flugan87​ Thanks for including a nice small sample dataset and your workspace. I think you're on the right track and very close. Try replacing the SpatialRelator with an SpatialFilter. In the SpatialFilter, use Group Processing and set the park area GlobalID as the Group By attribute. This should then only match the buffered areas with their respective parks. I couldn't understand why you had the AreaBuilder, so I disabled that, but you can add it back if needed.

I've attached the revised workspace (FME 2020.2).

Badge +1

@flugan87​ Thanks for including a nice small sample dataset and your workspace. I think you're on the right track and very close. Try replacing the SpatialRelator with an SpatialFilter. In the SpatialFilter, use Group Processing and set the park area GlobalID as the Group By attribute. This should then only match the buffered areas with their respective parks. I couldn't understand why you had the AreaBuilder, so I disabled that, but you can add it back if needed.

I've attached the revised workspace (FME 2020.2).

Thank you so much for your answer! Works perfect.

Best regards

Jesper