Question

Arcpy cannot find featureClass in SDE database on FME Server that it can find using the same workbench on desktop

• 26 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

I PyhtonCaller that renames some feature classes/tables once they have been loaded to SDE database and checked using arcpy

When I run the workbench on FME desktop I have not troubles, but when I publish the workbench to server the feature classes/tables can not be found.

The Error is ArcGIS Pro: 000732: : Dataset does not exist or is not supported.

As the arcpy works on my desktop, this would indicate that the paths are correct, but I may be missing something needed on our server.

The environments are

Desktop

FME 2021.0

ArcGis Pro 2.6.1

Python 3.6.10

FME Server

FME 2021.0

ArcGis Pro 2.4.2

Python 3.6.8

One of the paths is

\\\\tnad.tasnetworks.com.au\\share\\Applications\\ArcGIS\\SDEs\\Dev\\BaseData_gisadmin_gisdbsdev1.sde\\BaseData.DBO.land_district

Only difference between the paths is the feature class/table name and some have a Feature Dataset

I have tried variation or relative and named paths and backslash forward slashes

The values are passed to the python from attribute values, so I don't believe I need quotes and which I have tired adding but to no avail

We are getting the ArcGis Pro on the FME server updated to match the desktop version to see if that helps

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Does FME Server and the Windows Account running the FME Server Services have access to that file?

Badge +2

Does FME Server and the Windows Account running the FME Server Services have access to that file?

Excellent thought, but

Yes, the transformer prior to the python caller is a feature writer that writes to the same database using the the same sde connection file

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Excellent thought, but

Yes, the transformer prior to the python caller is a feature writer that writes to the same database using the the same sde connection file

Hi @jackyd​ , looking at this article posted by Esri, it seems like you've flushed out all of their suggestions such as using forward slashes instead of backslashes, and misspelled folder names. I'd also check, if possible, if you are able to run the workspace on FME Desktop on the Server machine and see if it can connect to the SDE that way.

Additionally, is there any chance you would be able to share the full log file from attempting to run the job on FME Server?

Badge +2

Excellent thought, but

Thanks Dan, I spoke with our IT and we will try the desktop on server, but have install it htere first.

In the mean time here is the log file

Badge +2

Excellent thought, but

This the desktop log file (not desktop on the server though)

Badge +2

Excellent thought, but

And the workbench

Badge +2

Excellent thought, but

Also, yesterday I tried testing if a table existed in file geodatabase from the server and that worked

Badge +2

ArcGIS pro Update to 2.6.1 to match desktop version had no effect :(

Badge +2

Hi @danatsafe​ ,

Tried running the workbench on desktop on the fme server machine and got this error

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000010759

We are getting the SQL Server client updated and will see how it goes