Solved

Issues with AGOL Writer Inserts/Updates/Deletes

• 24 November 2021
  • 2 replies

I've created a workflow to update, delete, and insert new records to an hosted feature service.

The delete and update have been throwing log errors like:

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: 'updateResults' error for a feature in 'Job_Line'. The error code from the server was '1019' and the message was: 'The specified feature could not be updated or does not exist.'

In the reader, I'm making sure to include arcgisonline_globalid and arcgisonline_objectid in the format attributes window. These appear in the Joined output for the FeatureJoiner (for updates) and the the Deleted output of ChangeDetector (for deletes).

I'm really scratching my head as to how to the OBJECTID's can be incorrect in the writer when the reader is the same online source.

The parameters for the Writer have Use GlobalID = No and Preserve GlobalIDs=No.

For the layer, parameters are set to Writer Mode = Update (dont think this matters with fme_db_operations) and Truncate = No.

I've tried running without feature cache and get the same issue.

Maybe I could tell what the issue was if I could see the JSON that was constructed for the rest call, but i'm not sure how to do that.

Change Detector

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 25 November 2021, 12:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yeah, sounds pretty weird. For me i would isolate one feature to test with. Just before the writer you should inspect the data to make sure that the object id is as you expect it to be.

As for the logging you could try and turn on debug logging in FME, there might be some more information about the request, but just be sure to ignore all the BADNEWS comments these are normal and not errors!

Yeah, sounds pretty weird. For me i would isolate one feature to test with. Just before the writer you should inspect the data to make sure that the object id is as you expect it to be.

As for the logging you could try and turn on debug logging in FME, there might be some more information about the request, but just be sure to ignore all the BADNEWS comments these are normal and not errors!

FeatureJoiner had carried an additional objectID from the local revised version.

Thanks.