Solved

CurveFitter - Unable to access

• 23 November 2021
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi everyone!

I was trying to use the CurveFitter packaged transformer in FME 2019, but I received a weird message, telling me that I'm not authorized to use/download it (because of some licensing problem).

Here is the message :

Note that everything is OK with FME 2021 (it seems that this package was converted into a "real transformer").

I'm also able to open a workspace that includes this transformer with a 2019 version (this FMW : https://community.safe.com/s/article/using-and-understanding-the-curvefitter-transforme). However, I'm not able to access to it via the quick add or the transformer gallery.. So it's not really efficient.

PS: I'm using a FME database edition + I've already done an update of the transformer gallery.

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 24 November 2021, 09:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

The CurveFitter was an extra-cost plug-in for FME. It's included by default in FME 2021 , I suspect that when this change was made the option to get it for older versions has been broken. I think it's best to contact Safe's Sales department, or your local FME partner, to see what they can arrange for you to be able to use it in FME 2019.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @theodrogo​ , if you're able to upgrade to 2021.0, the Curvefitter is now free and shipped with FME. You can access FME 2021.0 on our Downloads Page. Best, Kailin.