Question

FME Desktop 2020: FME appears to mistranslate the content of AutoCAD dwg file,

• 22 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

FME Desktop 2020: FME appears to mistranslate the content of AutoCAD dwg file,

In the screenshot below, I couldn’t figure out how the FME creates the marked square while it’s not physically existing in the AutoCAD drawing file.

What could be the issue here?

The CAD file is attached

Clip_1179Clip_1180Clip_1181 

Clip_1182 

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

This is preeety weird - given that it has an entity handle id I assume that it is somewhere in the file. Just hidden or not correctly stored. I think @andreaatsafe​ should pass it along to the dev team to see what's going on.

I also uploaded it to Autodesk free online viewer and couldn't see the little box.

I've seen stuff like this before where there are boarders with different scales that do not behave as expected outside of autocad. There are also a number of boxed on the 0 layer which could be related somehow.

Badge +5

Thank you for the input. It would be great if an expert can dig deeper on this and find out what the issue is

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Thank you for the input. It would be great if an expert can dig deeper on this and find out what the issue is

Do you know which tool initially created the data? was it authored in AutoCAD?

Badge +5

Do you know which tool initially created the data? was it authored in AutoCAD?

This is how my agency received the file from the source. No idea about the licensing issues in the source.

Badge +5

This is a very complicated issue in AutoCAD!

For example, in the screenshot below, if the content of the dwg file is selected with the (ctrl + A) then it shows objects that are not visible before the selection (knowing that all layers are turned in both cases)

Not sure how FME could catch such errors and fix them

The dwg file is attached

Clip_154 

Clip_155 

Clip_156 

Clip_157