Question

Issues Authorizing ArcGIS Online connections in Server 2021.2

• 22 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

I am setting up a brand new installation of FME Server 2021.2.0.1 and I can't authorize any ArcGIS Online connections. It gives FME Server OAuth Service Failed. It doesn't matter which user I try to authenticate. This works in my other 2019.1 server, so I know these connections should work.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Possibly something to do with the redirect uri in the web connections? Could be that you need to set up a new web connection for the new server.

Badge +5

Possibly something to do with the redirect uri in the web connections? Could be that you need to set up a new web connection for the new server.

Even if I create the connection within the server interface, it gives the same error

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

@virtualcitymatt​ is probably right asking to check the redirect url in FME server. Web connections --> manage services. It should be something like "https://my.fme-server.com/fmeoauth". This redirect url should be added to the app in ArcGIS Online as well, as a new server might also be a new adress?

You can always submit a case.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

@swach​ as @virtualcitymatt​ and @nielsgerrits​ have mentioned, this is most likely a problem with the web service & the Redirect URI setup. I would recommend taking a look at this answer from one of our other Safer's that goes more in-depth on how to set this up properly.

Badge +5

@swach​ as @virtualcitymatt​ and @nielsgerrits​ have mentioned, this is most likely a problem with the web service & the Redirect URI setup. I would recommend taking a look at this answer from one of our other Safer's that goes more in-depth on how to set this up properly.

Yeah, that was the problem. We are now needing to upgrade the server to HTTPS before we can set it up with AGOL so that is the next step