Question

Intersector Resulting in Unexpected Segments and Nodes

• 20 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am using Intersector in FME Workbench 2022.0 Beta and it is resulting in unexpected nodes and segments in our data. We are running the beta because of issues with other transformers. Any ideas? Sample data attached in a ZIP.

Extra Nodes and Segments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @lance​ 

My version is FME(R) 2021.0.1.0 (20210404 - Build 21313 - WIN64) and the transformer Intersector worked very well:

CapturarThanks in Advance,

Danilo

Badge

Can multiple versions of FME be installed and licensed? Because of issues with buffers and clipper we are using the 2022.0 beta. Now we found this version, which we understand is beta, has an issue with intersector. Any other options?

Also noted you ran intersector directly on the polygons and not on extracted lines as in my sample. Would this make a difference? Not where I can test this until Monday.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Can multiple versions of FME be installed and licensed? Because of issues with buffers and clipper we are using the 2022.0 beta. Now we found this version, which we understand is beta, has an issue with intersector. Any other options?

Also noted you ran intersector directly on the polygons and not on extracted lines as in my sample. Would this make a difference? Not where I can test this until Monday.

Hi @lance​ 

Answered your questions:

Is possible to be multiple versions of FME be installed in the same computer.

With the issue with transformer Intersector - did you try the transformer LineOnLineOverlayer?

Badge

Hi @lance​ 

My version is FME(R) 2021.0.1.0 (20210404 - Build 21313 - WIN64) and the transformer Intersector worked very well:

CapturarThanks in Advance,

Danilo

Thanks again for the reply.

I went to the office this morning and confirmed the following does work in 2022.0 Beta:

imageHowever this does not, additional Nodes and Segments are included in the output:

imageI am going to see if we can rework our production workspace as to not run Intersector after the GeometryCoercer. The sample workspace given, only demonstrates the issue.

Thanks again.