Question

CAD/DWG Multi-Leaders Blocks Importing Tag Number Default Value

• 19 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +13

I am importing an AutoCAD DWG with multi-leader blocks for asset locations. The issue I am running into is that the value showing up in FME for the "TAGNUMBERS' is the Default value vs. the value that shows up in AutoCAD.

From AutoCAD: I'm trying to extract the 'T9' text from the MLEADERs shown here:

Leader_OverviewPic 

These are custom MLEADERS developed by the drafting department.

After different attempts to explode blocks, expose attributes both in Model and Paper Space, different combinations of parameters, etc. I attempted 13 different combinations to import the DWG and now luck, I keep seeing this in FME:

FME is only recognizing the 'Default' Tag Number.

I've tried to bring in both Model and Paper Space in a single reader to match Entity Handles, but no luck.

Leader_TagNumberInspector 

I also tried to leverage the multitude X/Y coordinates and came up with nothing.

If I explode the MLEADERs in AutoCAD first, the 'T9' shows up in the 'autocad_text_string' attribute as expected. However, I feel I shouldn't have to go to such extremes.

I am not a daily CAD user so asking the Community if there is a command/LISP or something I can do in either FME or AutoCAD to expose the exact MLEADER text blocks.

Thanks in advance!

-Mark

FME Version: FME(R) 2020.1.3.0 (20201001 - Build 20632 - WIN64)

AutoCAD Version: 2018 Standard

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @mmccart​,

This looks like a problem we would really like to look into with our development team. Would you mind sharing a sample file with us, so we can reproduce the problem more closely? If you don't want to make the file public, you can share it directly with me by sending the file or a download link to dave.campanas@safe.com.