Question

Good morning, I am completely new to the FME world. I am trying to run a workbench that takes on-line data and writes it to a simple feature service and I am getting an error. I was wondering can someone give me some idea how to approach solving this

• 18 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Error message:

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: Could not connect to server. Check that you are connected to the internet and that no firewall is blocking outbound connections. The error was 'HTTPSConnectionPool(host='services.arcgis.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /BLN4oKB0N1YSgvY8/arcgis/rest/services/CalOES_Evacs/FeatureServer/0/applyEdits?f=json&token=mL3ovIy1sDWEeKZf8I_hNgrP8RNVQ2LuK1AoOdpsOmPJQC3fwycVaePeFqqVF5juSz3eo9-OAgfgz8Po5I2J6OWUgjUz-V0Uw_OasaRYY2AQf3W1O1R0RjnpUoDIL9dFcXrP11eThAsyBkCQwo37gzZ6yGyPHuRfBc3rBd6ddxrdhmfSIjwBEfm0Ne1L_lalIOLytVjsalnqV5QzuE2VRZSLQwbHZM86QjYSc7esV-EZlRpxjI3bbjLwYLI0qMnQB4UZeKOmkhhviYwuqqJU-HPfpk8OuSgPTBLSSyodMSU. (Caused by ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None)))'

ARCGISONLINEFEATURES writer: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details.

Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

As the error message says: there's a problem connecting to ArcGISOnline. Things you can check are:

• Do you have the correct credentials (username/password or a security token)?
  • Is access to ArcGISOnline blocked by firewall?

The fact it mentions a max number of retries leads me to believe it might be a case of trying to log in with the wrong credentials.

Thank you kindly.