Question

Can we log to two locations at the same time?

• 16 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello, We run many hundred python scripts each night consisting of GIS, Exports, Reports etc. Reported to a single folder Logging Folder. Once finished we run a script to evaluate the Logs for Failure, Error/s, and other key words.

The issue is we have been moving over the FME for many of our Exports, and we would like to evaluate thoughts logs as well. We have an Export folder with multiple folder projects, and each has a Log folder for the FME Workbench.

Question is can / how can we copy the Log files from the Export logs to the Logging Folder for evaluation at the end of each workbench with the key phrase “Translation was SUCCESSFUL”?? Can we log to two locations at the same time??  How can / should we iterate the Export folder?? Mind you not all Exports run every night. Thx for any help.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You could do a Python Shutdown script, I think those are run after the workspace has been completed and the log has been written.

Badge +1

redgeographics, Thanks for pointing us to Python Shutdown!

I'm looking for the parameter to set the Log files Path and Name? I see FMELogFile.getFileName() Does this get the path as well??

We are thinking we can use shutil.copy2(src, dst) for our purpose once we have the path and name.