Solved

How can I find duplicate lines by their geometry even if the coordinates are flipped on the duplicates.

• 16 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

I have a workspace where I have lines that are clearly duplicated but the matcher does not identify them because the coordinates are flipped on one versus the other. Is there a way to identify duplicate geometries for lines regardless of whether the coordinates are flipped.

For example:

Line 1

Coordinate 0 = 1973175.975504196, 1785187.3988771015

Coordinate 1 = 1973164.445329631, 1784950.337012621

Line 2

Coordinate 0 = 1973164.445329631, 1784950.337012621

Coordinate 1 = 1973175.975504196, 1785187.3988771015

Both lines are identical, however the direction of one is different from the other.

So how can I eliminate one of these based solely on geometry.

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 16 November 2021, 21:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

You need to set Lenient Geometry Matching to Yes. See the documentation:

"If Yes, then the order of points in line and area features will be ignored.

Note that areas may have differing start/end vertex locations and still match if all coordinates fall within the Vector Tolerance distance (in ground units). For lines to match, however, including closed lines, they must have matching start and matching end vertices, within tolerance.

Composition differences between paths, lines, and other curves will be ignored. The order of elements in collections, and the order of holes in Donuts will be ignored.

When comparing raster geometries, only the extents are compared."

Badge +1

Would making a "duplicate" of the data help in this instance?

You could split your flow (maybe add an identifier like "duplicate" so you can remove it later) use a rotator to flip the duplicated lines and then try the matcher grouped by your unique ID.

After that you can filter out the "duplicate" lines and continue with the flow.

Badge +7

You need to set Lenient Geometry Matching to Yes. See the documentation:

"If Yes, then the order of points in line and area features will be ignored.

Note that areas may have differing start/end vertex locations and still match if all coordinates fall within the Vector Tolerance distance (in ground units). For lines to match, however, including closed lines, they must have matching start and matching end vertices, within tolerance.

Composition differences between paths, lines, and other curves will be ignored. The order of elements in collections, and the order of holes in Donuts will be ignored.

When comparing raster geometries, only the extents are compared."

Thank you so much that did the trick. I had to do some play with some other stuff but a series of matchers and criteria fixed my issue and did exactly what I need to do. I totally did not see that arrow by the geometry check box and was missing those parameters.