Question

How to decode AGOL Attachment to add to Geospatial PDF

• 11 November 2021
  • 1 reply

I am trying to decode attachments from my layer in ArcGIS Online into a JPEG, and it keeps failing. I tried the workflow in this article (using BinaryDecoder then go into RasterReplacer), but I get an error saying BinaryDecoder (TextEncoderFactory): Invalid Base64 character '137'. Next I tried the workflow in this other article (using just the RasterReplacer) and set the format to JPEG / JPEG2000. Doing that results in the records being sent to the rejected port. With just the RasterReplacer, if I set the format to PNG I can get the images to come through, but I need a JPEG in order to write it to a Geospatial PDF.

Is there another step that I am missing, or some other way to write the attachment to a pdf?

1 reply

Badge +21

What if you use first the RasterReplacer + PNG just replaces the value with the actual raster geoemtry. So you should be able to write directly to GeospatialPDF if the raster shows correctly in FME Data Inspector. If you want to extract the JPEG2000 in a new attribute you can after the RasterReplacer use the RasterExtractor and set the format to JPEG2000