Question

Handle where server app service is saving data.

• 11 November 2021
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

similar post which describes better but there is no actual answer where /how to choose where data is saved on server. I dont mean the zip that works already I mean control where the files that user uploads will be saved.

Is it possible to control where the Server App download service will download files? (safe.com)

Using FME Data Streaming, the user selects one or multiple files to upload, processes those files and it works so the resulting report is downloaded through a zip.

My problem is now what if there are multiple runs at the same time? I managed to use the 

FME_JOB_ID to create subfolders with my logs.

for example

imagein my fme_server_data_reposatory

however all files are always uploaded in some weird temporary guid folder.

If I use "upload" files in my app, how can I choose where those "temporary files" should be saved?

I then want my job submitter to use those folders to look for the data. This is to separate so the result logs for different runs doesnt read the same files. I havent figured out a way to get the directory for my temp file names which it by default saves in.

Current location for uploaded foalders

"C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME Server\\resources\\system\\temp\\upload\\"ProjectName"\\"WorkspaceName"\\02572eb1-531a-b5b6-9054-2a9f50b1322b\\

I have no idea what that long id names generates from, or if I can forme the users uplaoded data to be stored somewhere else, and use that parameter. I looked a lot into the fme_server_parameters but didnt find a way to change where files should be saved trought data /download in app or data streaming service.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!