Solved

How to group all the transformer into one single transformer

• 11 November 2021
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hello everyone,

So I want to do something similar to "IMDF Validator".

My data format is "GeoJSON" in one single file. When I import the data, it will break into 4 feature types.

I just not sure how to set up something similar to IMDF validator, with "Creator" at the front (just like the picture I uploaded? Also, the user parameter of IMDF validator is set default in ZIP file, yet I have to set it to geojson file.

Should I use Create Custom Transformer? But I am not sure how to set the parameter.

It is because my data will be getting more and more complicated. I have to make it more tidy first.

Thank you in advanced.

Zach

icon

Best answer by caracadrian 11 November 2021, 17:15

View original

3 replies

Badge +20

Here is a tutorial in 8 graphical and easy to follow steps:

1 Insert a Creator and a FeatureReader, select them, right click and select Create Custom transformer

Custom transformer step 12 Give it a name, select a Category, maibe write some Overview and Help instructions and click OK

Custom transformer step 23 After you create the custom transformer you should be in edit mode. If not just right click it and select Edit. In the Navigator pane right click User Parameters and select Manage User Parameters

Custom transformer step 34 To create a new Parameter click on + and chose File/URL

Custom transformer step 45 Set the Parameter identifier, Prompt, set Item to Select to File, you can even select Specify Extension Filters, set Filter to *.json and give it a description. Click OK when you are done.

Custom transformer step 56 Right click on the canvas and insert an Output. Connect it to the Generic port of your FeatureReader.

Custom transformer step 67 Set FeatureReader's Dataset to the Parameter you just created

Custom transformer step 78 Exit editing mode of your custom transformer by clicking the Main tab of the workspace and you should be ready

Custom transformer step 8

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Good question (and great answer from @caracadrian​ ). I'd add that we have an upcoming webinar on custom transformers that may be of use to you. See this link for more details: https://www.safe.com/webinars/how-to-simplify-your-workflow-with-fme-custom-transformers

Badge

Here is a tutorial in 8 graphical and easy to follow steps:

1 Insert a Creator and a FeatureReader, select them, right click and select Create Custom transformer

Custom transformer step 12 Give it a name, select a Category, maibe write some Overview and Help instructions and click OK

Custom transformer step 23 After you create the custom transformer you should be in edit mode. If not just right click it and select Edit. In the Navigator pane right click User Parameters and select Manage User Parameters

Custom transformer step 34 To create a new Parameter click on + and chose File/URL

Custom transformer step 45 Set the Parameter identifier, Prompt, set Item to Select to File, you can even select Specify Extension Filters, set Filter to *.json and give it a description. Click OK when you are done.

Custom transformer step 56 Right click on the canvas and insert an Output. Connect it to the Generic port of your FeatureReader.

Custom transformer step 67 Set FeatureReader's Dataset to the Parameter you just created

Custom transformer step 78 Exit editing mode of your custom transformer by clicking the Main tab of the workspace and you should be ready

Custom transformer step 8

Thank you so much! It works! :)