Question

Troubleshoot SchemaMapper transformer setup

• 10 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I'm trying to import a text file without headers to FILEGDB while using the SchemaMapper Transformer to rename the columns. I've followed tutorials and articles but am not successful. Columns aren't being renamed and when I run the workspace no features are written.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Here are screenshots of my parameters and workspace:

SchemaMapper ParametersCSV ParameterSchemaMapper Attribute MapSchemaMapper ActionsSchemaMapper Workspace 

Schema Map (CSV):

SourceAttribute,DestinationAttribute

col0,TYPE

col1,STRAP

col2,SECTION

col3,TOWNSHIP

col4,RANGE

col5,MAP_ID

col6,CONF_FLG

col7,ADDR_1

col8,ADDR_2

col9,CITY

col10,STATE

col11,ZIP

col12,DOR_CD

col13,SUB

col14,DSCR

col15,PLAT_BK

col16,PLAT_PG

col17,NH_CD

col18,PCT_SOH

col19,INC_FLG

col20,BASE_YR

col21,ASD_VAL

col22,SOH_VAL

col23,BLD_VAL

col24,JST_VAL

col25,TAX_DIST

col26,TAX_DIST

col27,TAX DIST

col28,MILL_CD

col29,SQFT

col30,ACREAGE

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Your best bet here is to actually use the AttributeManager to do this (SchemaMapper just gives headaches). There is an Import button which lets you import and rename based on a mapping like yours. Below are a few screen shots of the important settings. But you may need to play around until you get it looking right.

Important to is to make sure that you Connect the AttributeManager up to the reader before performing the import.

imageimageimageimage 

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I think the thing is that the SchemaMapper doesn't show the mapped output in the list of columns. But if you query a feature and look in the feature inspection window (not the table view), you'll see that it has done the mapping correctly. All you need to do is connect it up to the output - and edit the output feature type to make sure it has the attributes you need. Alternatively, you can use a dynamic schema. I had to play about with this way too much to get it to work, but you can see me try in this video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1203669019

Your best bet here is to actually use the AttributeManager to do this (SchemaMapper just gives headaches). There is an Import button which lets you import and rename based on a mapping like yours. Below are a few screen shots of the important settings. But you may need to play around until you get it looking right.

Important to is to make sure that you Connect the AttributeManager up to the reader before performing the import.

imageimageimageimage 

Thank you for the insight virtualcitymatt. I am trying the Attribute Manager option and will update as soon as I can get back to it.