Question

I have a task in which I have to join tables based on a common attribute in both tables and on the joined table I have to update attributes from the second table.

• 5 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

For example, I have a CreateNode Field in one table, I have to filter out Null and populate these null values Using the second table that has the same field name. the output is not something It should be. I have attached a screenshot of my workspace. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If the field is null in one of your tables, how will you join it with the other one? There has to be an attribute (or combination of attributes) that you can use to join on.

Badge +8

I am joining tables based on the ID field and it's populated in both tables. Once the tables are joined then I will need to query other fields, for example, CreateNode field to see if it is Null, if it's Null then I will copy attributes from the joined table that has the same field and has attributes.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I am joining tables based on the ID field and it's populated in both tables. Once the tables are joined then I will need to query other fields, for example, CreateNode field to see if it is Null, if it's Null then I will copy attributes from the joined table that has the same field and has attributes.

If you use a FeatureMerger and send the features which have the null values in as Requestors you can make it copy the values from the Suppliers (assuming the attributes have the same name of course) by setting the "Ignore Nulls" parameter to Yes.