Question

How can I guarantee that the workspace runner selects the right inputs?

• 4 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Dear FME community,

I have a question concerning the FME workspace runner. I have a workspace with 5 different inputs. The goal is to create geospatial PDFs. Each of the inputs represents a different layer of the geospatial PDF. Now I know that the workspace runner will import the inputs once at a time.

The problem is now that in the 5 input-folders have each a different number of files. This means that at the end not every PDF will have the same number of layers. How can I guarantee that the workspace runner selects the right inputs? I have named the input files exactly the same, but they are in different folders. So it would probably be easy to just compare the base names.

I would be very happy, if somebody could help me with this.

Thank you so much in advance!

With kind regards

Christian

2 replies

Badge +11

Hi, an example of your workspace and a test dataset with the expected result would help to answer your question more correctly

Hi,

sorry for my late answer. Of course I will provide some screenshots for you to understand the problem better. First I have a selection of some input files. For my geospatial PDFs I have geojson files to visualize the position of trees and greenspaces. In addition to that I have citygml files where I extract the footprints of buildungs. Now each input represents one single tile. Let's say my tile has the number 4834. I could manually pick each layer (trees, greenspaces and buildings) to create one PDF that combines all layers on one single PDF page. But I have thousands of tiles (each with the three layers), so selecting the right layers for each tile would take a very long time.

Now with the workspace-runner I could speed things up, but the problem is that on some tiles there is no tree-layer or no greenspaces-layer. How can I create a batch process, that always picks the right layer for the right tile? Each layer is named after its tile-number. I am basically searching for some kind of sorting method.

I hope my describtion of the problem helps you to understand it better.

Thank you in advance for your help!

screenshot_01 screenshot_02screenshot_03