Solved

advice for using vector on rasteroverlayer and Mapnikrasterizer for reducing the time of process

• 4 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +13

i am using vector on rasteroverlayer transformer ( Lines over topological map) and also Mapnikrasterizer transformer ,i have got the output that i need but it takes long time .

do we have method to increase the speed of process ? or what should i think about to reduce the time as possible and get the same output

Thanks in advance

FME 2018

icon

Best answer by mark2atsafe 5 November 2021, 16:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

It's been a while since I last worked with those but in my experience the MapnikRasterizer was the fastest option of the two I looked at (the other one was ImageRasterizer).

However, without knowing more about your process and especially the volume of data you're working with it's really hard to come up with suggestions.

Badge +13

It's been a while since I last worked with those but in my experience the MapnikRasterizer was the fastest option of the two I looked at (the other one was ImageRasterizer).

However, without knowing more about your process and especially the volume of data you're working with it's really hard to come up with suggestions.

exactly wha am i doing , i have topological map for one polygon and i have cables lines for this polygon that i would like to get lines over map and save the output into specific sheet .

the only method that works great with me ,that i am converting both of them to raster and save them as image into excel sheet by using row number .but it takes around 40 minute so it is really to slow even if the polygon big or small ,it takes always long time to finish the procesing .

do u have another suggestion that will be faster ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Are you using both of those transformers? You should only need to use one. The MapnikRasterizer will let you point vector data into it and convert it to raster, just as the overlayer does.