Solved

FMEJoiner

Badge +8

I am using FME joiner to join tables. the joined tables do not show all fields from the source table. I was wondering what could be the reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 4 November 2021, 13:46

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Hi, are you meaning the FeatureJoiner? That should auto populate all attributes present in your inputs

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Can you share a screenshot of your workspace and the settings of the Joiner? Is it actually a Joiner and not a FeatureJoiner like @hkingsbury​ mentioned? The Joiner was phased out many years ago.

Badge +8

I am using FeatureJoiner to join tables. I am attaching some screenshots of the workspace.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I am using FeatureJoiner to join tables. I am attaching some screenshots of the workspace.

So which attributes are not coming out of the FeatureJoiner?

Badge +8

i have some attributes with the same name like UDF1 and UDF 2in both layers, but the joined table only gives me one set of these attributes, i have to actually transfer these attributes from one feature to another.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

i have some attributes with the same name like UDF1 and UDF 2in both layers, but the joined table only gives me one set of these attributes, i have to actually transfer these attributes from one feature to another.

Right, you have the FeatureJoiner set up so that in case of attribute conflicts it'll take the ones from the "Left" input. So it's working as intended. If you want to keep both sets you should take the data flowing into the "Right" input and rename those attributes, e.g. via a BulkAttributeRenamer where you select those attributes and prefix or suffix them.

Badge +8

that makes sense to me, I'll give it a try. Thank you so much!

Badge +8

Right, you have the FeatureJoiner set up so that in case of attribute conflicts it'll take the ones from the "Left" input. So it's working as intended. If you want to keep both sets you should take the data flowing into the "Right" input and rename those attributes, e.g. via a BulkAttributeRenamer where you select those attributes and prefix or suffix them.

that worked! thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You're welcome!

Badge +8

Hi, are you meaning the FeatureJoiner? That should auto populate all attributes present in your inputs

thank you for your help!