Question

Create Line Buffer to receive Polygon with z-coordinates

291 / 5000

Übersetzungsergebnisse

I'm looking for a transformer with which I can create a buffer around a line. This buffer should have a defined width. The line has z-coordinates.

At the end I would like to continue using the buffer polygon that was created and the polygon should receive the z-coordinates of the line.

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

What's the use case here? Do you have something you could use to drape a normal 2D polygon over? For example, Road line > buffer to polygon, drape polygon over terrain? Or is that workflow not an option?

These are protective tubes (lines), which are now to be displayed as protective tube polygons with a fixed width. The z-coordinates should be retained.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

These are protective tubes (lines), which are now to be displayed as protective tube polygons with a fixed width. The z-coordinates should be retained.

Ahh the bufferer here should work to create pipes/tubes. There is an option for a 'solid' buffer type.

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/bufferer.htm?highlight=Solid

Thanks, but I don't need any geometrical solids. I only need a 2D polygon area with the z-coordinates of the line ends.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

So you're hoping to end up with something like this?

How complex are your lines?

Exactly

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Here's something which should work for polylines but also single line geometries

It seems overly complicated, but the idea is to just find the line which is perpendicular to the line/pipe sections and then use an offsetter + extruder to create a new 3D surface. You can then get back to the polygon.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Here's something which should work for polylines but also single line geometries

It seems overly complicated, but the idea is to just find the line which is perpendicular to the line/pipe sections and then use an offsetter + extruder to create a new 3D surface. You can then get back to the polygon.

imagePerhaps a little over complicated but should be pretty robust

Thank you. Unfortunately, only polylines with support points can be transformed. Polygons cannot be created from simple lines with only a start and end point.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Thank you. Unfortunately, only polylines with support points can be transformed. Polygons cannot be created from simple lines with only a start and end point.

Can you explain a little more what you mean? do you mean this process doesn't give you what you want? Can you try and modify it to make it work for your data?

I'm sorry, I don't know how to describe it better. Lines without vertices are rejected by the Chopper Transformer and cannot be written. My source data is in dgn format.

Should I send you a sample file?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

I'm sorry, I don't know how to describe it better. Lines without vertices are rejected by the Chopper Transformer and cannot be written. My source data is in dgn format.

Ahh then you should just be able to remove the Chopper - this was just put in in case they we not simple lines. The process should still work. You can also then remove the aggregator at the end.

I think it works now. I connected the Untouched output from the Chopper Transformer to the GeomtryExtractor. I have to test it thoroughly again tomorrow. Thanks very much :-)