Solved

I get this error "Workspace generation failed. Parameter file was /private/var/folders/tr/rfmmyq590j17jq9ndl8my5lh0000gn/T/FME_1635634267372_8830." Can anyone help?

Badge +3

Hi everyone,

Every time I load a reader into Workbench I get an error similar to this

"Workspace generation failed. Parameter file was /private/var/folders/tr/rfmmyq590j17jq9ndl8my5lh0000gn/T/FME_1635634267372_8830."

Not sure what the issue is any help would be very much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by andreaatsafe 2 November 2021, 17:05

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Things I would try:

1. Restart the Computer
  2. Reinstall FME

If it happens with all all new workspaces and all formats then there is probably some issue with the install? it could also be related to permissions? perhaps FME doesn't have read/write access to a temp location?

Badge +3

Thanks for your help @virtualcitymatt​ ,

I've tried 1 and 2, but haven't looked into the permissions on Temp location so will give that a go.

After some testing this weekend, I suspect it's because I'm running the latest Mac OS Monterey as I was able to cause the same behaviour on another Mac by updating it. I've put a support ticket in about that as it has the same behaviour on 2020, 2021, 2021.1 and the 2022 beta, I'll keep this thread updated with what I find out incase its of use to someone else!

Cheers

Joe

Badge +3

I just changed the temp location to somewhere I definitely had permission to write to and still same error:

Error running translation.

Workspace generation failed. Parameter file was /Users/joe/Fme_temp/FME_1635763126167_5529.

Badge +2

My coworker and I have the same problem after update to Monterey. Reinstalled FME and reboot did nothing. As far as I can tell, my user still has permissions to write to the temp location.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

My coworker and I have the same problem after update to Monterey. Reinstalled FME and reboot did nothing. As far as I can tell, my user still has permissions to write to the temp location.

ooh, seem like this should be a support case then - best contact support directly on this one. https://community.safe.com/s/submit-case/

What FME version are you running?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

ooh, seem like this should be a support case then - best contact support directly on this one. https://community.safe.com/s/submit-case/

After some googling I found this gitlub issue which is only a few days old: https://github.com/gperftools/gperftools/issues/1312

It seems like Safe are potentially aware of this, but likely do not have a solution yet.

At the moment you might need to roll back to a previous version of the OS :-/

Badge +2

Oh great... It's not so much of a problem for me as I have a Linux box I can use, but coworker is Mac only.

I was going to make a ticket but OP said they did.

Badge +3

Thanks for checking @virtualcitymatt​ unfortunately I got the new MacBook so can't go back, DOH! So hopefully they can fix soon

I'll keep you updated @cnieman​ with anything I hear

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Thanks for checking @virtualcitymatt​ unfortunately I got the new MacBook so can't go back, DOH! So hopefully they can fix soon

I'll keep you updated @cnieman​ with anything I hear

Lets ping someone from safe support - while we're at it :D

@nampreetatsafe​ 

Badge +10

Hi all,

FME 2021.1 and earlier are not currently supported on macOS Monterey.

We are currently working on resolving the issue (internal tracking number: FMEENGINE-71121) and are aiming for the next official release of FME 2021.2 to support macOS Monterey.

- Andrea

Badge +2

Hi Andrea, would it be possible for a note to be added to the download page? There is no indication I can see to inform users that FME currently doesn't work with Monterey.

Badge +10

Hi Andrea, would it be possible for a note to be added to the download page? There is no indication I can see to inform users that FME currently doesn't work with Monterey.

Hi @cnieman​ ,

Our Technical Specifications page outlines the supported OS for the current release of FME 2021.1.

Badge +10

Hi all,

I'm pleased to let you know that FME 2021.2 is now released and officially supports macOS Monterey.

You can find the latest release here: safe.com/downloads

-Andrea

Badge +3

Woohoo! Thanks @andreaatsafe​ and team

I am having the same issue after recently upgrading to Monterey. I have upgraded to FME 2021.2 but the same problem occurs - but maybe not as frequently. the last instance was when working through the FME Essentials tutorial

Follow on to my previous comment. I now realise that I had several different versions of FME installed. FME 2021.2 seems to working so far

Badge +10

I am having the same issue after recently upgrading to Monterey. I have upgraded to FME 2021.2 but the same problem occurs - but maybe not as frequently. the last instance was when working through the FME Essentials tutorial

Hi @byroncinnz​ ,

Can you confirm the following:

1. The type of license you are using - fixed or floating?
  2. What type of Mac - intel based or M1 based? (confirmed with a screenshot preferably)

Please also provide the steps and a screenshot of what you are seeing. If you can provide the crash log report as well (if possible), that would be great. Feel free to submit this via a support ticket here: https://community.safe.com/s/submit-case

-Andrea

Hi @byroncinnz​ ,

Can you confirm the following:

1. The type of license you are using - fixed or floating?
  2. What type of Mac - intel based or M1 based? (confirmed with a screenshot preferably)

Please also provide the steps and a screenshot of what you are seeing. If you can provide the crash log report as well (if possible), that would be great. Feel free to submit this via a support ticket here: https://community.safe.com/s/submit-case

-Andrea

I am on a fixed license. But I think it may be a non-issue. I just realised that I had multiple versions on my MBP and was not actually launching FME 2021.2 when this error appeared.