Solved

Writing to CSV, can this be accessed through FME Web Server?

• 28 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

We have a very basic workflow where a user enters a value into a parameter, and we write that value to a CSV which is stored on a network share drive.

We have an external facing website that we would like to have access to this CSV so that it can publish the latest value found in this CSV.

I am not a web developer, I am a GIS Guy, so I am a little out of my depth.

Is there some way I can save this CSV on the FME server so that it is available via the Website to read?

I am unsure if that is the best way to explain it, sorry for the n00b terminology.

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 29 October 2021, 09:17

View original

3 replies

Badge +16

Going around using the FME Server REST API, I am thinking you could have FME Server upload the file to a cloud storage provider like Google Drive. You can then generate a shareable static download URL for the file if you set it up with versioning in Google Drive. In this way the static URL will not need to be updated and the file can be overwritten with a new version without breaking the download URL. Just one of many different options that you could use to circumvent having to write code.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Aside from @Chris Warren​ excellent advice, another option would be to see if there's a way to automatically upload the file to your webserver (I'm assuming it's not actually in the same network as your FME Server), for example via FTP (using the FTPCaller transformer)

Badge +16

Aside from @Chris Warren​ excellent advice, another option would be to see if there's a way to automatically upload the file to your webserver (I'm assuming it's not actually in the same network as your FME Server), for example via FTP (using the FTPCaller transformer)

That seems like an even easier method @Hans van der Maarel​ ! Great idea!​