Question

3D DGN -> FMEAR, not showing up in the FME AR App. Are there any other transformers or other considerations I need to take into account?

• 27 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I've got a 3D DGN of a bridge out of Bently. I'm following the instructions in the Creating FMEAR Datasets from 2D Cad models article. Since it's already a 3d model, I'm assuming that I dont need the extruder or offsetter. So it should just show up if I convert it, right? I do get a layer list and scale information in the app, but the surface dots disappear once it loads, and nothing else shows up.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Do you have any idea of what it looks like in FME itself, like FME Data Inspector? If that looks wrong then it's obviously the reading; else the writing. We need to pin down where the issue is.

Also, is it related to the colour? What colour is it in Bentley? If it's white, then it would appear white - probably against a white background - in FME. So sometimes DGNs can appear invisible when viewed!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @coreyunger​ , are you using FME AR on Android by chance? Would you mind emailing Dmitri (dmitri@safe.com) directly for assitance with this issue, he has offered to lend a hand. Best, Kailin.