Question

Trying to read Enterprise GDB data that includes arcade expressions / attribute rules with FME 2021

• 27 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have some data that i am trying to replicate from 1 DB to another, but I cannot create the readers for several FCs that contain arcade expressions. I get the The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147211773' message. I am running FME 2021 (64 bit), and have ArcPro installed and the Esri ArcGIS Capability is set to Pro. One thing I can't seem to get is the ArcPro Python listed under Python Compatibility. But I do see that listed in FME 2019 on the same machine. Any thoughts on whether or not this should be working and if so, how I can get it to work?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @slamon​, if you have FME 2021 installed, I would expect that the latest ArcGIS Pro compatibility is supported.

I believe that in FME 2021, Esri ArcGIS Python 3.7 is the equivalent of ArcGIS Pro Python, since ArcGIS (Desktop/ArcMap/ArcCatalog) only supports Python 2. I would suggest trying to run the workspace with Esri ArcGIS Python 3.7 selected and see if you are still running into the same issue. If you are, would you be able to attach the full log file in a response?

Badge

Interesting quirk... If I try and add this dataset using the "Import Feature Type" from an existing DB connection, I get the error. But if I add it as a completely new reader, it comes in. I think I'm all set now. Thanks