Question

Filling empty space between lines

• 27 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a .dgn model that I am converting to a tileset but some of the input is just lines that I should 'fill' (see image attached). My initial though process was:

1. Create areas from them, with the config from the imagesimage.png
  2. Then pass it through a Mesbuilder

imageBut what I'm getting from the AreaBuilder and the Meshbuilder is off (images attached)

imageimageI am not sure what's wrong, I tried playing around with the snapping tolerance value in areabuilder but the higher it got the worse it looked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies

I will gladly attach anything else like logs/fmw anything that can help me solve this. I dont have much experience neither with FME nor with these architectural/etc files.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Did you try using the 'Consider Node Elevation'? When it is set to 'No' I think the Z is ignored (at least for the snapping). A lot of FME tools only work well on 2D objects. If the lines are just not closed you could try using a LineCloser instead?

Did you try using the 'Consider Node Elevation'? When it is set to 'No' I think the Z is ignored (at least for the snapping). A lot of FME tools only work well on 2D objects. If the lines are just not closed you could try using a LineCloser instead?

If I set it to 'No' everything is output on port 'Incomplete'

LineCloser/LineCombiner doesnt seem to change anything either

Tried using SolidBuilder instead of AreaBuilder but that just rejects them without much details

SolidBuilder_SOLID Feature Counter -1 2147615016 (TeeFactory): Cloned 0 input feature(s) into 0 output feature(s)

SolidBuilder_UNUSED Feature Counter -1 2147680552 (TeeFactory): Cloned 0 input feature(s) into 0 output feature(s)

SolidBuilder_<REJECTED> Feature Counter -1 2147746088 (TeeFactory): Cloned 765 input feature(s) into 0 output feature(s)