Solved

Create 360 degree wedges from central point

• 26 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm trying to create a series of adjacent wedges from a central point. I have built a workflow that builds one wedge (polygon) then I'm attempting to use the Rotator to create a new wedge at every 1.8 degree rotation 200 times to encompass a full 360 degrees. I suspect there is a simpler method but this is what I have done so far. I'm using the XY-MM coordinate system. Any thoughts on the best way to accomplish this task? Thank you,

Gil

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 27 October 2021, 13:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

My approach would be to start with an Arc/Circle in the Creator, you can use Arc by Center point to create a perfect circle for a given centerpoint and radius. Feed the circle into an ArcStroker - You can specify 200 as the number of edges to interpolate. Now you will have a polygon with 200 segments, next use a Chopper to split the polygon into 2 vertex lines - Now you will have 200 lines, next feed these into a VertexCreator where you just put in your center point used in the creator, now you'll have two segments of the wedges, and lastly use a LineCloser to connect the center point back to the edge.

No you have 200 wedges as polygons.

imageimage

Badge

My results look perfect! And I learned about several new transformers. Thank you!