Question

Importing into Smallworld Error (using shapefiles) with the the spec_id field (mandatory).

• 26 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I have imported data, from a shapefile, into an existing object in Smallworld before but we recently acquired a smaller Telco and will be importing their data into ours. I have a reader (shapefile) transforming into an existing object in our Smallworld writer.

In the type_ field of the shapefile there is data that matches what the spec_id should be in the SW object, and the spec_id field is an enumerated (integer-string) list. I have changed the data on the shapefile side to match what the spec should be, both integer wise and string wise. I'm still getting the Translator Error: Value "x" not in enumerator set.

I've tried to run just a basic import without setting the spec_id field from the shapefile and I get specification is mandatory error in the magik prompt box on the SW FME session. I'm sure this is a user based error, but have tried this on multiple objects and still running into the spec_id issue.

Thanks for any help.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Just to clarify, you have changed the spec_id object to contain both the integer and string?

Does the error occur if you change it to one or the other?

yes, changed it to both integer and string. The errors seems to time out after it reaches 10 warnings.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Here's the configuration for one of our enum sets.

enumFor our Smallworld configuration, when writing data to this field, the value needs to be set to the enumerated value only. E.g. 'Brick' or 'Cabinet'.

Setting the value to '1' , '2' or '1 Brick' etc. produces errors consistent with your screenshot.

Aside from that, I always set a value for fme_db_operation when writing to Smallworld and double check that all mandatory fields will have a value.