Question

Set of transformers work as a whole but not when connected to another set

• 25 October 2021
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Weirdest behavior, I have a 'pipeline' with a set of transformers that do the job by themselves without parameters, let's call this the 'prototype' pipeline.

I can copy this prototype pipeline into any workflow, it will work just fine, until I remove this pipelines starter and it starts behaving different.

This prototype pipeline has a snakegrid transformer at the end, with the starter behind the pipeline I get the output, if this prototype is connected to another pipeline the attributes arrive to the snakegrid transformer but they don't go further from there. This seems to me like a bug because the prototype pipeline has no variables in it, everything is hardcoded and is working by itself so connecting it at the end of something else shouldnt be the problem, but it is.

Any advice?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

FME typically processes the data by feature, so it will process feature 'A' as far as it can before it starts with feature 'B'. If feature 'A' gets stuck somewhere in the process or causes an ERROR then feature 'B' will never start. So what is most likely happening is something inside the SnakeGrid transformer.

The test would be to disable the snake grid transformer, run all your features up to there to see if it works and then reenable the SnakeGrid transformer and rerun. If it gets stuck then you need to identify the problem feature. Hopefully a clue would be in the log file.