Question

Trying to add .gdb attributes as a reader and geodb_polygon gets added twice.

• 21 October 2021
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

As stated, I am trying to add both geodb_polygon & geodb_attributes readers, and polygon gets added twice. Everything under General is grayed out and I am unable to change 'Allowed Geometries' on one of them to geodb_attribute. Geodb's were created using Arc 10.8.1

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

I really don't understand what you are trying to do... can you share your workspace or a screenshot?

Badge

Sorry this took a few days to get back to., let me try and explain. I had a .gdb that I was able to extract attribute information from, and now I am only able to see the polygon type. The box where I could select the dropdown is grayed out. I can no longer select 'geodb_attributes'. The only that happened while this successfully worked was that we went from named users for our company's ArcGIS Pro deployment to a concurrent license server, although I am not sure this has any bearing on this issue. Before, I was able to successfully pull land parcels from a .gdb and populate an autocad file with both the linework and a created a parcel label within.Screenshot 2021-11-01 145506 (002)

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Sorry this took a few days to get back to., let me try and explain. I had a .gdb that I was able to extract attribute information from, and now I am only able to see the polygon type. The box where I could select the dropdown is grayed out. I can no longer select 'geodb_attributes'. The only that happened while this successfully worked was that we went from named users for our company's ArcGIS Pro deployment to a concurrent license server, although I am not sure this has any bearing on this issue. Before, I was able to successfully pull land parcels from a .gdb and populate an autocad file with both the linework and a created a parcel label within.Screenshot 2021-11-01 145506 (002)

Hi @jgary​, unfortunately sometimes the licensing levels of ArcGIS are not read in correctly, causing the problem you're seeing here. This is especially true if you have multiple versions of ArcGIS (ArcMap & ArcGIS Pro) Installed. However, I do have a few suggestions & questions to try and troubleshoot this:

1. This article is a good place to start. It outlines the issues you're having here and the many ways you can go about solving it: https://community.safe.com/s/article/geodatabase-formats-missing-greyed-out-or-have-unm
  2. What licensing version is your ArcGIS licensed for? You can check this in the ArcGIS Administrator or in the Settings of ArcGIS Pro.
  3. This article also provides some more thorough details on FME Versions and ArcGIS Compatibility: https://community.safe.com/s/article/notes-on-fme-and-esri-versions-and-compatibility
Badge

Thanks for the articles, I will post back here once I am able to confirm a solution.

Badge

Still trying to find troubleshoot this on my end without much luck, but some more parameters from here are might be helpful:

1) We are running FME Desktop Oracle Edition 64-bit (software installed locally) w. a Floating License.

2) ArcGIS 10.8.1 Advanced Concurrent Use and Pro (both software installed locally) w. a license manager being used to manage licenses.

**The FME and GIS licenses appear to be on different servers within our organization.

Might this be the cause for my licensing issues?