Question

Problem with "Module 'XXX' is unavailable for use with this FME edition" " Library 'C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Server\\fme\\plugins/XXX.dll' was found but could not be loaded. Ensure that all the dependent modules exist

• 20 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi! We're using FME Server 2021.1.3 Build 21631 - win64. Since last update have problems with access to libraries. Some of jobs crashes on random way. 

For example:

"Module 'VectorToRasterFactory' is unavailable for use with this FME edition"

" Library 'C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Server\\fme\\plugins/VectorToRasterFactory.dll' was found but could not be loaded. Ensure that all the dependent modules exist for this library"

or

"Module 'DatabaseUpdaterFactory' is unavailable for use with this FME editio"

"Library 'C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Server\\fme\\plugins/DatabaseUpdaterFactory.dll' was found but could not be loaded. Ensure that all the dependent modules exist for this library"

or

"Module 'TextEncoderFactory' is unavailable for use with this FME edition"

"Library 'C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Server\\fme\\plugins/TextEncoderFactory.dll' was found but could not be loaded. Ensure that all the dependent modules exist for this library"

and many others.. 

Problem will not occur in next launch of job. Couldn't find any connection between memory or cpu usage or time when job starts. Doesnt' matter if job is trigerred by Automations, url, Schedule or manual.

We've two engines, doesn't matter witch we're using. 

We've made fresh install of FME Server, had cleaned any temp and early made directories - it doesn't gave us any progress. 

There is about 300,400 jobs per day, problem occur on several, may several dozen.

I found some similar questions on forum but there is no solution.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Had a simular issue, also see this topic.

We got the suggestion that the cause of this error is memory related. In our case this happened during the night when several update jobs are scheduled. We have a bunch of schedules with the same start time and let the queue work through the jobs.

A possible solution was to lower the number of succesful jobs to initiate an engine restart. Also see How to Control FME Server Engine Memory Usage

To check if this might be the issue, I re-scheduled the jobs with issues an hour later and the problem went away.

This issue also might be caused by a server / desktop version mismatch, desktop being newer than server. In our case this was not a possible cause.

We got the suggestion that the cause of this error is memory related. In our case this happened during the night when several update jobs are scheduled. We have a bunch of schedules with the same start time and let the queue work through the jobs.

A possible solution was to lower the number of succesful jobs to initiate an engine restart. Also see How to Control FME Server Engine Memory Usage

To check if this might be the issue, I re-scheduled the jobs with issues an hour later and the problem went away.

This issue also might be caused by a server / desktop version mismatch, desktop being newer than server. In our case this was not a possible cause.

Just checking this solution, thank you. I'll give sign if will helped.

unfortunately it did not help

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

unfortunately it did not help

You can always contact your reseller for help or submit a case.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @kdrygalski​ were you able to solve the issue at all?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

In my testing there seems to be some kind of limit to the amount (either size or number) of dlls which can be imported before the process fails with the error message. I have a workspace which imports more than 50 dlls, I found that disabling more and more of the workspace let the process progress further and further until it would complete successfully. It seemed like on the 50th or 51st dll was when the process would fail (no matter the order).

On FME Server an engine will process multiple jobs without the process restarting (I think by default the number is at 100 (or 90 seconds of being idle). I can see the case where one engine imports "too many" dlls across multiple jobs and then eventually fails.

The issue seems to only be present on Windows Server (as opposed to Windows 10) which tells me that there is possibly some configuration option somewhere in windows which can be changed (I haven't found it yet).

The workaround would be to reduce the limits to when an engine will restart wihch can be found in the fmeServerConfig.txt file

Look for these parameters

MAX_TRANSACTION_RESULT_SUCCESSES

MAX_TRANSACTION_RESULT_FAILURES

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Another update - This issue seems to be gone on Windows Server 2022. If your running Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019 I suggest you try Windows Server 2022.

Tested FME Server 2022.2