Question

NeighborFinder: several matches for one street

• 20 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

Is it possible to connect a coordinate with a street using for example NeighborFinder and generate several hits for one street if there are several coordinates close to the street? For example, if there are 5 coffee shops close to Arbitrarystreet, I want it to say that there are 5 coffee shops nearby and not just that there is a coffee shop nearby.

Thanks!

4 replies

Badge +20

Enable Generate List in NeighborFinder then use ListElementCounter to count the elements in the list.

Enable Generate List in NeighborFinder then use ListElementCounter to count the elements in the list.

Thank you for your answer.

I have hundreds of streets and hundreds of coffee shops though. And the NeighborFinder seems to only associate the closest coffee shop with a street, even though I want the number of coffee shops within for example 50 m of a street.

I have hundreds of streets and hundreds of coffee shops though. And the NeighborFinder seems to only associate the closest coffee shop with a street, even though I want the number of coffee shops within for example 50 m of a street.

Update: I solved it temporarily by buffering the coordinates to an area and using the LineOnAreaOverlayer which showed me the number of overlaps.

Badge +20

You can specify how many neighbours to find and a max distance