Question

Is it possible to map an AUTOCAD Attribute prompt rather than the AUTOCAD attribute Tag to the FME Input Attribute for the purpose of extracting AutoCAD block data.

• 18 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to map an AUTOCAD Attribute prompt rather than the AUTOCAD attribute Tag to the FME Input Attribute for the purpose of extracting AutoCAD block data. I am trying to gab the following data from AutoCAD. All the properties have a tag name of - so only the last one (SCALE) is able to be mapped currently. Can this be done please? Thanks.image

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi @lesleymacmahon​,

Can you try exposing the autocad_attr_def_prompt attribute in the reader and let me know if you see the values there? According to our DWG reader documentation, that attribute should hold the prompt information.

Hi @jovitaatsafe​ ,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried exposing the autocad_attr_def_prompt attribute in the reader and it comes up as <missing>. I have followed the instructions to create the workspace in the tutorial at https://community.safe.com/s/article/autocad-dwg-block-attribute-extraction. What I was hoping for is that instead of using the fme_attrib_info{}.field_name and fme_attrib_info{}.field_value list pair I could use a .prompt_name and field_value pairing. The problem that I have is the autocad drawings block tag names haven't been populated correctly with hyphens for a tag name multiple times. The problem exists in many of the client's drawings so the drawings can't be corrected. I would be grateful if you can help in anyway. Thanks

Badge +11

Hi @jovitaatsafe​ ,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried exposing the autocad_attr_def_prompt attribute in the reader and it comes up as <missing>. I have followed the instructions to create the workspace in the tutorial at https://community.safe.com/s/article/autocad-dwg-block-attribute-extraction. What I was hoping for is that instead of using the fme_attrib_info{}.field_name and fme_attrib_info{}.field_value list pair I could use a .prompt_name and field_value pairing. The problem that I have is the autocad drawings block tag names haven't been populated correctly with hyphens for a tag name multiple times. The problem exists in many of the client's drawings so the drawings can't be corrected. I would be grateful if you can help in anyway. Thanks

Hi @lesleymacmahon​,

I am also getting <missing> values in my test on the autocad_attr_def_prompt attribute which seems incorrect to me. I’ve filed a problem report tracked internally as (FMEENGINE-71065) for our development team to investigate further on it and I’ll let you know as soon as it has been addressed. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any other way to read in the prompt at the moment.

Hi @jovitaatsafe (Safer)​ ,

Thank you for raising this issue with the development team, please let me know what they find.

Thanks,

Lesley